Casein is a dairy protein that is slowly digested by the body. This is due to the formation of a clot inside the stomach, which will take longer to be digested. Because of the slow release, this type of protein is ideal to be ingested before bed or throughout the day when you go for long periods of not refuelling the body.
CUSTARD CASEIN PROTEIN
- Slow sustained digesting protein
- Makes you feel fuller for longer
- Thick and smooth in texture
- You can mix it with water, or milk of your choice
- A great snack to have any time of the day
- Perfect to have as is, or you can add your favourite fruit or mix ins!
To ensure the consistency is to your liking, start by adding 90-100mL of cold water or milk to the mixture while stirring (for 2 scoops - 40g). Then slowly add more water or milk if a thinner consistency is desired. Ensure the powder is mixed through completely before adding more liquid.
TRY IT WARM
Mix the custard as per the above instructions. Then, microwave the custard for 30 seconds for a warm treat!